Saturday, August 15, 2015

Inside the Outboard - Part 3: Refinements in the Construction of the Two Cycle Engine



Figuring out how to post these articles so they can be read easily with large sized fonts has been tricky.  I don't want to transcribe the articles (too tedious, even for me),  there is not a plain text version available, and I personally like the text bigger and in one column for this blog.

I hope how I have been cutting things up works for you.
Constructive criticism happily received. 

I started adding color to the diagrams this time.  It helped me spot the letters.  I am also repeating diagrams if I feel like it so they can be seen without scrolling much.

The writer actually refers to diagrams in previous articles...so good luck.  You could open it in a new tab so you can flip between the two.

Links to the previous articles:  Part 1........ Part 2




                   in that each crank pin works in its own individual crank
            case and there is a seal between the two crankcases.

                    In the usual engine of this type in the two crank cases is a
              middle main bearing but in this case this bearing has been
              increased 



I like the last sentence :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment