Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Here We Go Again!

Oh boy!  Can't wait.   





Jack has been ready to leave, mentally, for the last month.  Today the realization we actually have to move motors and the associated survival equipment like tents and chairs, dawned...so Jack left to buy new shoes.  I sat down for another cup of coffee and thought to start this.

Last week a scary storm managed to collapse our shade tent. I had it up to shade the back yard while I laid bluestone.  It ended up looking like a squashed daddy-long-legs. I decided the tent wasn't at fault as trees also got squashed that day.  I ordered another identical tent figuring now I have a ton of repair pieces if this happens again!


For those of you who haven't a clue what I am talking about, Tomahawk, Wisconsin is the home of a great antique outboard meet this time every year.  The Northwoods Chapter of AOMCI hosts it at one of the best venues for that sort of thing I have attended.  Sara Park has stuff for kids to do when looking at thousands of outboards begins to pale.  A swimming beach, food stand at lunch time and good bathrooms and showers.  There is a dog park there, too. The show motors and boats have a huge building to stay in that is an ice hockey rink in  the winter, so the locker rooms offer all the facilities during this meet.


No comments:

Post a Comment